It’s official, this week brought the first day of Fall in Portland. Like the seasons, Fall is a wonderful time for change! It’s that beautiful time of year when our leaves change colors, and gently drift away so new ones can grow with time.
Our Staffing and Recruiting team have already experienced new changes this week – We have a handful of cool new job opportunities that flew onto our Job Board for the Portland Metro Area. If you find yourself like the trees and are ready to make room for new growth, then connect with the Staffing gurus at Emerald Staffing and we’ll see what our new opportunities can provide you!
While you’re applying yourself to new career opportunities in Portland, try your had at these delicious fall-inspired muffins!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground ginger
8 ounces softened cream cheese
1/2 beaten egg
1/3 cup white sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, sugar, and vegetable oil until well combined.
3. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger and mix with a spatula. Set the batter aside.
4. Combine the cream cheese, 1/2 egg, and sugar in a bowl until the mixture is smooth. Set aside.
5. Portion out the pumpkin batter into the 12 muffin cups, filling each one about 2/3 full.
6. Add one tablespoon or so of the cheesecake mixture to the top of each and use a toothpick to swirl the cheesecake mixture into the pumpkin batter.
7. Bake the muffins at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes, or until they’re done.
8. Let cool on a wire rack and enjoy!